Wednesday, April 16, 2008

THE BOSS....

If you haven’t read the news today, “The Boss” Bruce Springsteen has given Sen. Obama his endorsement for President. The following is an excerpt from a letter that was posted by Springsteen on his website, www.BruceSpringsteen.net. "He speaks to the America I've envisioned in my music for the past 35 years, a generous nation with a citizenry willing to tackle nuanced and complex problems, a country that's interested in its collective destiny and in the potential of its gathered spirit.”

Now I, by no means am affiliated with either the Democratic or Republican parties, but when I go to the voting booth on election day my Bible goes with me. Other people may take different things with them like their traditions, experiences, or even Hollywood. It’s the main stream entertainment factor that I want to focus on here.
Over at least the last several years we have seen people like “The Boss” and others use their popularity to try and swing the American voter in a certain way. At least with President Reagan and Gov. Arnold the money they spent was actually on their own candidacy and not someone else’s. With Springsteen backing Sen. Obama and saying that “he speaks to the America I’ve envisioned in my music for the past 35 years” it raises a big question for me. What kind of country does Springsteen want America to be? That question is raised out of my biggest concern with Sen. Obama being President and that is his belief on the right to kill babies at anytime the mother desires during her pregnancy.
If that’s the type of America “The Boss” is wanting then we are in for even worse then what the last eight years have brought, as Springsteen mentioned our current President in his letter.
I guess I’m saying I understand an old rocker backing Sen. Obama about as much as Oprah Whinfrey understands the Christian Bible. But wait, Oprah backs Obama as well.
Anyways, “The Boss” needs to stay with his music, Oprah needs to stick with interviews, politicians need to politic, and preachers need to stand firm on preaching the gospel of Christ and nothing else. No, I’m not talking about separation of church and state, even though for the most part it’s probably a good idea seeing how the church is currently in another battle. That would be the battle of trying survive with the rest of the big business world that she is wanting to be a part of. And just like business, she currently seems to be in a recession.

In Christ Alone,
Mr. V.

No comments: