Tuesday, July 29, 2008

44yr Old Gives Birth to 18th Child...

No, I'm not speaking of the yahoo who is being called a man!! I am however speaking of an awesome story I read the other day. Click here to view not only the article, but some of the wild replies that people are giving.
For me the most interesting part of the story is the reaction to the story itself. The following are some of the responses.

"I'd really be interested in knowing what the parent's level of education is, because one of my biggest concerns about our current society is that the less-educated are breeding and multiplying out of control."

-How did our society turn into one that says the smaller the household the more intelligent the parents?

"Oooh Let's just keep having more babies to destroy what's left of our Earth."

-Does it concern anyone else here that some people actually value the earth over human life? Besides, it's not having children that's destroying the earth. It's not teaching those children how to take care of the planet that's contributing to the earths demise. Therefore we aren't being good stewards of what God has given us.


"My God, what a bunch of idiots on this board!! There is nothing worthwhile on this earth than life and these people have given life as God commanded."

-The above was added just to show how people can try and give glory to God, but still blaspheme His name all in the same statement.


I'm 45 and have one child, age 5. He wears me out. My mother used say that God gave Man a brain, so that he could figure out how to stop having so many kids. After all, if God wanted Man to have many children, they would come in litters, rather than one at a time.

-What Bible verse is that? And have any of you seen Jon & Kate Plus 8? Talk about a litter!

Anyways, not all the comments left on the message board where negative, but by far the majority of them where.
I'm sure you're wondering what is the point of all this. Well, it's pretty simple if you think about it. Our society has a bad attitude toward children. And yes, I'm including the church as well. The next time a new couple that has 5 or 6 children visits your church or when you see that family in the store think about your reaction to the situation. One of the comments left asked the question of "don't they know what causes that?" Would that be your response? That family isn't being ridiculed because they aren't providing for their children. They are being mocked for the very fact of having children.
Society says we shouldn't have children because it will interfere or disrupt our happy lifestyles. We can't go on some great vacation or I can't buy the car of my dreams because of the price of a child. We are a society of self indulging heathens who only believe in the "I- factor." I want this or I think I need that.
As for the future of the Christian church in America...
The church only baptizes about 14% of our own members children. Even with baptizing 14% of our kids stats still show that 85% of all children raised in church will leave the faith after they graduate from high school. Stats also show that 92% of your average SBC church going family have not held a single family devotional within a given year.

So, here is my question to you. What is the life-span of the church if our families continue to stop having children and then never read the Bible with the one's we do have?


"The church in America is dying, one family at a time."
-Dr. Voddie Baucham Jr.


In Christ Alone,
Mr. V.


No comments: