Monday, September 15, 2008

Legacy...

Over the past several weeks I've seen numerous things and been apart of several conversations dealing with the topic of one's legacy. So of course, the wheel begins to turn in my head of "What is the legacy that I'm building for myself?"
Of course we all want to think that we are doing everything well and building an awesome legacy for ourselves, but we need to think deeper then that. If we want to know what type of legacy we are building then something very scary will need to be done. That very scary task would be to ask those closest to you for an honest answer to your questions. Yes, I'm saying to ask your family and best of friends about how they see and think of you.
Before going to others though, take an honest look at yourself and answer your own questions about what you think your legacy would be. What will you be remembered for? Will people remember how much you spent at work or how you loved to spend time with family and friends? Will you be remembered for your theology over talking to people about Jesus? Will you be remembered by your children as being a doer of the Word rather then just a hearer?
These and others are questions that I've started to ask myself when it comes to building a legacy that my children would be proud to tell.


At this point would your legacy be worth telling?
In Christ Alone,
Mr. V.

No comments: